According to the Regional State Administrative Agencies the Covid-19 situation has improved also in South of Finland and due to this, some restrictions have been lifted or altered. However, there is always the risk that the situation can get worse again if the restrictions are lifted too soon or recommendations are not been followed carefully. It is therefore important to always maintain good hand hygiene, avoid close contact to others and wear a mask at all times. The pandemic situation can take turn to a worse at any time and it is important to follow restrictions and recommendations given by the Regional State Administrative Agency.
The Institute of Adult Education in Helsinki will also open its doors. However, all courses that can be held online will be continue as online teaching. Only such courses that are impossible to held online and that the institute has evaluated to be safe to run as contact teaching, are held at the premises.
The institute of Adult Education in Helsinki strives to, in all possible ways, guarantee a safe learning experience in its premises. Classrooms are organized so that it is possible to keep a safe distance to others. Our teachers will always use either mask or visor. Hand sanitizer is available in each lobby throughout the institute.
All students are required to wear a mask at the premises and to make sure that a safe distance to others is kept at all times to. Also it is important to maintain good hand hygiene. We will make sure that all students are using a mask. If you have forgotten to bring one with you, we will provide one for you. During breaks you must either stay at your own classroom or go outdoors. It is very important to stay at home if you have any symptoms of cold, flu or any other such disease.
Courses will start as an online-teaching, if following info can be found in the course description: “If contact teaching is not possible due to a coronavirus lockdown, this course will be held online”. You will get link from your teacher to your online classroom. If you have not received the link nor other correspondence from your teachers by the day before you course is scheduled to start please contact the office at email@example.com Make sure to check you junk mail as well. We will return to contact teaching once the Covid-19 restrictions
Safe Space for Learning
Institute of Adult Education in Helsinki strives to, in all possible ways, guarantee a safe learning experience in its premises during the corona virus pandemia.
Hand washing and safe distances are the most important means to prevent coronavirus infections. There is hand sanitizer available in the institute premises.
The institute requires the use of face mask or a visor in the institute premises.
Please remember to act responsibly to prevent the spreading of the virus. It is very important to stay at home if you have any symptoms of cold, flu or any other such disease. Pay attention to the guidelines given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). Remember to act responsibly on a day-to-day basis:
- Wash your hands with soap. Washing your hands is the best way to protect yourself from the coronavirus. Wash your hands carefully and frequently: Always before eating and when entering your home, coming from the shops, or leaving the toilet. If you cannot wash your hands, use an alcohol-based or other hand rinse approved by the chemical authority.
- Cough into your sleeve or a disposable tissue. You can prevent the spread of the virus, by covering your mouth and nose with a disposable cloth when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue in the trash after using. If you do not have a tissue, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve. Use a mask over your mouth and nose.
- Stay at a distance of at least one meter from others. Maintain a distance of at least one metre to other people, because the virus most often spreads from person to person when they are in physical contact. If you cannot avoid physical contact, wash your hands with soap and water immediately after contact.
- If you have any symptoms, make a symptom assessment or call. The symptoms of coronavirus include fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, fatigue, rhinitis, nausea, diarrhoea, or a sudden loss of smell and/or taste. If you have symptoms, take a symptom assessment at Omaolo.fi or call health care.
- If you are ill, follow your doctor’s instructions. If you have tested positive for coronavirus, stay at home for at least 10 days. If you continue to have symptoms on day 10 or after this, stay at home until you have been symptom-free for at least 5 days. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
Those belonging to a risk group should avoid exposure to coronavirus and hence attending contact teaching courses is not recommended. Find out about risk groups for severe coronavirus disease.
We follow authorities’ advice and recommendations closely and update the instructions when needed. Read the latest coronavirus updates on the website of of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.