Update on how we aim to make a safer learning environment!
The autumn semester will start mainly as contact teaching, but there are some courses that are held online and some courses are hybrid. We aim at all possible ways to guarantee a safe learning environment. We follow closely official guidelines and change our policies if needed.
We have taken the following steps to guarantee a safe learning environment
- Chairs and tables are arranged so that you can keep a safe distance to others.
- We have decreased the class sizes.
- Our staff will always use a visor or a mask when it is not possible to keep a safe distance.
- We recommend that everyone who uses or visits the premises will use a mask.
- Hand sanitizer is available on all floors ( lobby’s)
- Cleaning have been intensified.
- Toilets, railings, door knobs and other surfaces have been covered with a nano- spray that makes surfaces antimicrobic.
What you can do?
- Please, don’t attend your class of you have any symptoms of flu or you think that you might have Covid-19.
- The best way to protect yourself is by washing hand. Please wash you hands carefully and often; always before you eat, when you come from outdoors and after you have used toilet. If you can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.
- Cough into your sleeve or a disposable tissue. You can prevent the spread of the virus, by covering your mouth and nose with a disposable cloth when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue in the trash after using. If you do not have a tissue, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve. Use a mask over your mouth and nose.
- Make sure that a safe distance remains to others especially when entering and leaving the classroom.
- Use your own materials and equipment’s, such as yoga mats and brushes when possible.
What if the Covid situation changes and the teaching has already started?
- If contact teaching is not possible most courses will continue online.
- If online teaching is not possible the course will be transferred to another time or discontinued. You can use the course payment for another course.
- If there are any changes on the course we will inform all participants and also post about this online at our website.
We follow authorities’ advice and recommendations closely and update the instructions when needed. Read the latest coronavirus updates on the website of of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.