Starting a course
There can be changes to the course programme, please check the latest details online.
The courses will be held at the Institute main building on Runeberginkatu 22-24 unless another address is mentioned in connection with the course information.
The length of each lesson is 45 minutes. Lessons are not held on public holidays.
In general, the language of instruction is Finnish. In many courses, the teacher is also able to instruct in English or some other language. Please contact the Office or Study guidance for more details concerning the courses and instruction.
Cancelling a course
A course can be cancelled by visiting or contacting the office by email firstname.lastname@example.org. The paid course fees can be refunded on following conditions:
- If you cancel a course 7 days before the course is due to start, the paid course fee will be refunded in full.
- If you cancel a course 7 days before the course is due to start, and you have paid the course fee by Culture and Sports vouchers Smartum, Tyky or Edenred, the course fee cannot be refunded. Instead, you can use the sum to pay for another course. If the course is paid by using ePassi we can return the balance into your account, if the cancellation occurs within the year the course fee has been paid. If the cancellation occurs the following year the balance can be used for another similar course.
- If you cancel a course less than 7 days before the course is due to start or do not show up, the course fee will be charged in full. Course fees are collectible.
- If the Institute cancels the course before it is due to start, the paid course fee will be refunded in full. The course will start if the minimum of participants have registered 2 working days before the course is due to start.
- If the Institute is forced to discontinue contact teaching due to a force majeur, the course will continue as remote teaching. If remote teaching is not possible, the course will be reprogrammed to another occasion or terminated. If the course is terminated, the Institute will not refund the paid course fees, but instead, the student can use the paid course fee for another course.
- If the student will discontinue the course, the paid course fee will not be refunded.
See cancellation policy for Open University courses.