Helsinki metropoli area’s coronavirus coordination group has given new restrictions. Due to these guidelines courses organised by the Institute of Adult Education in Helsinki will continue mainly online. Your teacher will contact your group to inform how your course will continue. If you have not heard from us by midweek please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Space for Learning
Institute of Adult Education in Helsinki strives to, in all possible ways, guarantee a safe learning experience in its premises during the corona virus pandemia.
Hand washing and safe distances are the most important means to prevent coronavirus infections. There is hand sanitizer available in the institute premises.
The institute recommends strongly the use of face mask or a visor in the institute premises. The teachers have been instructed to wear a mask whenever safe distance is not possible in class rooms.
Please remember to act responsibly to prevent the spreading of the virus. It is very important to stay at home if you have any symptoms of cold, flu or any other such disease. Pay attention to the guidelines given by the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL). Remember to act responsibly on a day-to-day basis:
- Wash your hands with soap. Washing your hands is the best way to protect yourself from the coronavirus. Wash your hands carefully and frequently: Always before eating and when entering your home, coming from the shops, or leaving the toilet. If you cannot wash your hands, use an alcohol-based or other hand rinse approved by the chemical authority.
- Cough into your sleeve or a disposable tissue. You can prevent the spread of the virus, by covering your mouth and nose with a disposable cloth when coughing or sneezing. Throw the tissue in the trash after using. If you do not have a tissue, cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve. Use a mask over your mouth and nose if you want.
- Stay at a distance of at least one meter from others. Maintain a distance of at least one metre to other people, because the virus most often spreads from person to person when they are in physical contact. If you cannot avoid physical contact, wash your hands with soap and water immediately after contact.
- If you have any symptoms, make a symptom assessment or call. The symptoms of coronavirus include fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, fatigue, rhinitis, nausea, diarrhoea, or a sudden loss of smell and/or taste. If you have symptoms, take a symptom assessment at Omaolo.fi or call health care.
- If you are ill, follow your doctor’s instructions. If you have tested positive for coronavirus, stay at home for at least 10 days. If you continue to have symptoms on day 10 or after this, stay at home until you have been symptom-free for at least 5 days. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
Those belonging to a risk group should avoid exposure to coronavirus and hence attending contact teaching courses is not recommended. Find out about risk groups for severe coronavirus disease.
We follow authorities’ advice and recommendations closely and update the instructions when needed. Read the latest coronavirus updates on the website of of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare.